If you have a lot of photos, then you can use them in iMovie to create a social event video. iMovie makes it easy to add photos to a project, it even adds a Ken Burns effect which slowly pans and zooms through a photo. To learn how to add photos in iMovie for iPhone and iPad, check out the steps given below.
Following are the steps to Add Photos in iMovie for iPhone and iPad:
- Open "iMovie" on your iOS device.
- Open the project where you want to add photos.
- Scrub along the timeline using your finger to where you want to place the photo.
- You will see a play-head (the red line) is located over a clip.
- If the red line is located over a clip, then the added photo will appear before or after the clip depending on the playheads location.
- Tap "Media Library" button.
- Select "Photos" button located at the bottom on the screen.
- Tap and hold on the photo to preview it (when navigating photos).
- Once you have found the photo, add it to the timeline by tapping on it. Your photo will appear as a clicp 3-6 seconds in length.
- You will see Ken Burns effect has been added and it slowly zooms and pans.
- You can edit or remove the slow zoom by editing the photo.
- Use your fingers to pinch, zoom and pan the image to where you want it to be located at the start of the shot.
- Tap "End" button.
- Tap "Done" button.
- Remove the Ken Burns effect and tap "Done" button.
- This way you can add photos in iMovie for iPhone and iPad.