Not everyone can click pictures that are flawless and a piece of art. Almost every picture an amateur photographer clicks is a step towards becoming a better photographer. You can ooh and aah all you want at professional photographers’ work, but the fact remains that you can also become a professional photographer—or at least attempt to make your pictures look like theirs.
You need a professional camera for that, obviously. Nothing short of a DSLR would do. And then you can simply follow our five basic tips which will help you click pictures like a professional photographer. You will be amazed to see the difference in your photography once you start following these simple tricks.
1. Learn how to get your composition correct. While clicking a photo, you must remember what to put where in your frame. Positioning of the subject in a frame can make all the difference between an amateur and professional photo. Learn more about composition of a photo by studying about rule of thirds, point of view, depth of field, etc.
2. Check for frame for tiny faults. Check your general frame area for any tiny misplaced objects, lighting, clutter, and always aim for perfection. For example, the lamp shade in the background of a frame could be slightly tilted, which might not look significant in your camera’s viewfinder, but could scream “straighten me up” when you enlarge the picture.
3. Post processing of any picture your click is a must-do activity for all photographers. The photo might look great in the camera display, but on a computer screen, you might need to add touch-ups to the brightness, contrast and lighting factors.
4. Get your timing correct. If its an action-packed photo or a landscape photo, get the timing right so as to maximise the effect of what your photo wants to convey. Like when your friend is jumping on a trampoline, or when raindrops hit the window bars – timing is crucial. A picture of a swimmer just about to hit the water while diving has more impact that one who is half-submerged or fully submerged.
5. Make an effort to capture the emotions. Give prominence to this as they can be beautifully captured in a candid way and will always be appreciated by those who see the pics. For instance, at a football match, zoom in to capture the joy on a player’s face after scoring a goal, or at a zoo capture the excitement of your kid at spotting a ferocious animal. It is precious!
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”