In our previous article we explained you about what is shutter lag. It is usually defined as the time taken to record a picture after you press the shutter button. This delay is due to slow transmission of the data captured, camera's processing speed, power consumption etc. It is a bigger problem that it may seem. Ask any action photographer about how important it is to solve the shutter lag. Or ask him what problems he face due to this delay or the lag. At times it gets really frustrating that there is a series of shots to be taken, but every time that you press the shutter button, your camera takes an extra second to record the picture. To capture photos of an object in action it is very important to have a minimal shutter lag possible. Then, only a photographer would be able to capture photos quickly.
One thing you must understand is, that there is NO way to completely the shutter lag, however, there are way you can solve it to an extent. But some shutter lag will always be there.
Here are some tips for you to solve shutter lag problem.
1. Prepare your camera to take a shot: The best thing is to half-press the shutter button on your camera and let it focus and sets itself. Pressing the shutter button in half will allow your camera to prepare itself to take a shot.
2. Remember, almost all the digital cameras these days have a two step shutter release, i.e. pressing it in half like we explained in the previous point and then pressing it to the finish to capture the shot.
3. Let your camera focus: Pressing and holding the shutter button half way down will allow your camera to set focus and adjust other necessary settings.
4. Predict or anticipate the moment: Here, your photographic judgement comes into play. Judge in advance or anticipate a moment that is about to happen and adjust your camera accordingly.
5. Pre-Focus : When you are aware of the subject movements , scenes and the action that may happen in next few seconds, pre-focus your camera on a specific region where you think your subject will be.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”