Digital cameras and smartphones have made it possible for us to click everything and anything that catches our fancy. And it does not have to be a specific event, something as mundane as what you had for lunch or the raindrops on your window capture a person’s imagination.
So everyone who owns a camera can understand the importance of organizing photos in a way which makes your computer clutter-free. Storing photos or searching for them should be an easy process and your laptop or computer should have the necessary tools to do that.
1. The first rule of easy organization of photos on your computer or laptop is to delete all the poor and duplicate photos. They eat up extra space and are useless anyway, so do away with them.
2. You can organize photos using iPhoto which is a basic photo organizing and editing program which comes with all MacBooks. This is a user-friendly way of organizing your albums and photos.
3. If you use Windows, then one tedious way of arranging photos is in folders which have a decent description of what it contains. For instance, your family vacation photos can be organized in a folder called “Family Hawai Trip June 2012”, which covers all that you need to know while searching for a photo.
4. Other ways of organizing photos is by sorting them according to Events, Places, People or Month/Year. And make a backup of all these folders on an external HDD.
5. Get some good photo editing cum organizing tool like Picasa, Photoshop, Aperture or Lightroom, which not only allows you to sort photos sensibly, but edit it on the go. These programs save the enhanced photos in a different version rather than overwriting the original.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”