Google Photos supports shared album. You can now share photo and video albums with others using a web link created in the app. Once you share an album with others, they will get an invitation to the album which will prompt them to open the app and view it. Google Photos has another useful feature called "Free up space", it can scan your photo library and delete photos off your camera roll which are already backed up in your Google Photos account.
Following are the steps to Create Google Photos Shared Album and Share with Others on Android:
- Open "Google Photos" app on your Android Phone.
- You will see all your photos and videos.
- Tap or long press the photo or video and select other photos and videos which you want to share.
- Tap "+" icon located at the top of the screen.
- You will see two section i.e. "Create New" and "Add to Albums".
- To create a new shared album, tap "Shared album" option located in the "Create New" section.
- Enter the name to your shared album and tap "Share" button located at the top right corner on the screen.
- If you want allows other people to add their photos and videos, then move the slider from left to right to turn it ON.
- Tap "Gmail" icon.
- A "Compose" window opens up.
- Enter email addresses of the people and subject to share your album.
- Tap "Send" button.
- This is how you can create shared album on Google Photos and share with others on Android phone.
Quick Tip to Prevent Photo loss Nightmare with PicBackMan
In the case of losing irreplaceable memories like treasured family photos, it can even be heartbreaking. Luckily, with PicBackMan backing up your photos to multiple services and cloud accounts is easier than ever before. PicBackMan can save you from the absolute disaster of losing your photos by safely backing them up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.