iMovie is a video program which allows you to upload videos from your video device for video editing purposes. There are 2 types of video devices i.e memory based and tape based. You can upload videos and movies from tape based cameras, flash memory cameras, DVD and hard drive into the iMovie program. It allows you to add effects, captions, music and other features to enhance your video. You can import all of the footage or some of your video footage from your video device into the iMovie program. Learn how to add a video on iMovie, check out the steps below.
Following are the steps to Add a Video on iMovie:
- Open your iMovie program.
- Choose the project from the "Project Library" located at the upper right corner of the iMovie window to add video in an existing project.
- If you would like to create an entirely new project, go to the "File" menu and select "New Project" option.
- The iMovie program will prompt you to name your new project and choose an aspect ratio for your movie, either "Widescreen," "iPhone," or "Standard."
- Set your camera to the correct mode for video export. This mode setting will typically say "PC" or "Computer."
- Connect your video recording device to your computer using USB cable.
- Select "Video Import" button located above "Event Library" menu.
- A pop up window opens up and you will see all of the footage found on your video device.
- Import your video footage into the iMovie project you are editing in.
- Select "Import All" option located at the bottom right corner of the video footage screen.
- Choose to add the video clip to either an existing iMovie project event or create a new event.
- Click "Import" button to import the video footage you have selected.