Underwater photography is an exciting activity which many amateur photographers find adventurous and alluring. It is also an expensive hobby, as you need to buy a whole new set of equipment which works underwater.
There is one way to cut that expense. Instead of buying a special underwater camera, which could burn a hole in your pocket, it is better to use your existing camera. It could be a DSLR, a Point-and-Shoot or a smartphone with a decent camera too.
Follow these few tips which will tell you how to use your camera underwater at a very minimal cost.
1. If you want to use your DSLR, Point-and-Shoot or camera phone underwater, then you must invest in a good camera housing. Search the web or a mobile accessory market for a good waterproof case or housing. Once you cover your camera with this housing, you can use it underwater to click photos or take videos.
2. Look for some specific qualities in a housing before you buy it. It should be 100% waterproof should come with a depth rating that meets or exceeds your intended diving depth and should be ergonomically perfect.
3. Take your camera out of the housing once in a while and clean the housing. Use a damp cloth to wipe the lens of the camera so that any moisture or dust accumulated there is cleaned off.
4. If you are one of those creative kinds who is into DIY projects, then you can even make a camera housing yourself. Search the web for some amazing ideas which will help you in making a housing. This way, you can use your normal camera underwater as well.
5. Lens port: A lens port is the window in the front of the underwater housing that the camera lens shoots through. Non-DSLR cases generally come with an integrated port, so there’s no extra expense, although you may have the option of purchasing a wide angle correction lens that can be attached to the outside of the housing.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”