Taking pictures with a digital camera is dead easy. Even a two year old can click decent pictures with a digital camera. In a fraction of a second you can snap a picture and see it on your Camera's LCD screen. But, there was a time when it took around 8 hours of exposure to click a single image.
Since the first camera was made, there has been tremendous development in the field of photography . Here, we have put together a collection of some mind blowing facts related to photography and cameras.
1. Cameras are made for right handed people.
2. World’s first portable motion picture camera was a 12fps ‘Rifle’.
3. Today we snap as many photos every two minutes, as humanity as a whole did in the 1800s
4. The first real zoom lens, which retained near-sharp focus while the effective focal length of the lens assembly was changed, was patented in 1902 by Clile C. Allen.
5. The first photograph was an image produced in 1826 by the French inventor Nicéphore Niépce on a polished pewter plate covered with a petroleum derivative called bitumen of Judea.
6. The first permanent color photo was taken in 1861 by the Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell, but that the first fully practical color film, Autochrome, did not reach the market until 1907.
7. The first digital camera offered to consumers was only 1.4 mega-pixels and cost around $10,000.
8. The biggest SLR lens made to date is the Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T*. It weighs 564lb/256kg and has a focal length of 1700mm. It is designed specifically for use with a Hasselblad 6×6 medium format camera, and was custom-build for an anonymous customer who had a particular interest in wildlife photography
9. Most expensive camera ever sold was a rare 1923 Leica camera, which went for $2.8 million at auction in Vienna.
10. The longest photographic negative in the world is 129 feet and was created by Esteban Pastorino Diaz
11. The largest collection of cameras in the world is held by Dilish Parekh of Mumbai, India? He has a collection of 4,425 antique cameras which he has been collecting since 1977.
12. The inventors of Kodachrome, Leopold Mannes and Leopold Godowsky, Jr. were both accomplished musicians.
13. The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj is the first compact digital camera of its kind with a built-in projector.
14. The Canon EOS-1D X is a full frame flagship model for Canon.
15. The Canon EOS 6D is Canon’s smallest and lightest full-frame DSLR.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”