Uploading photos and videos to SmugMug is really very easy as compared to the downloading process. The simple drag and drop is by far the easiest mechanism to upload a bunch of photos or videos to SmugMug. Whereas, their downloading mechanism is not that easy and simple. The album that you choose to download is downloaded in the form of a .zip file.
However, if you are looking for downloading SmugMug photos onto your Computer but not in the form of a .zip file, then PicBackMan is here to help you. PicBackMan will download your entire photo collection and will store them on your computer’s hard disc in the forms of folders. The folder name will be similar to your album names. For example, if you have an album named Christmas 2012, You’ll find a folder with the same name on your Hard disc.
1. On Accounts tab, associate your SmugMug account.
2. Go to Migrate tab and click on ‘Choose Account to Migrate’ button. Now select SmugMug from the dropdown list of associated accounts and click save.
3. Now you’ll see a SmugMug icon on the window and corresponding it various checkboxes for various online services.
4. In order to migrate photos to your computer, select the check box corresponding to ‘Computer’ icon.
5. Now click ‘Migrate’ button that you see at the bottom of the window.
6. All your SmugMug photos will now be downloaded on your computer’s hard disc.
Note that PHOTO and VIDEO upload shouldn’t be running. Also, it might take time for migration to complete depending upon a number of photos you have in your SmugMug account.
Here’s the video tutorial that you can refer to
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 130+ countries.