Phone cameras have made a photographer out of everyone who owns one. Parents find the mobile phone’s camera an increasingly convenient way of capturing their children’s photos.
The reason is simple, you just don’t know when you kid is going to do something which you would want to capture in your camera. You cannot keep a DSLR or a poin-and-shoot camera handy all the time. And that is where mobile phones come to the rescue.
Almost all leading mobile phones have good quality cameras these days. So use them to their maximum potential. The quality of photos might not be even remotely comparable to DSLRs, but here are some tips that will help mothers (and fathers too) in capturing some memorable pictures of their kids.
1. Zooming in on the object of your picture – in this case your kids—might not be a good idea if you are using a phone camera. The picture will be pixelated and that is definitely not what you want. Instead of zooming in, move closer to your children. This will ensure better quality pictures.
2. Clean the lens of your camera phone regularly. Unlike an expensive cameras which comes with a bag and cover, camera phones undergo rough use every day. The lens might get dirty due to dust, or finger prints while handling it as a regular phone. So moisten the end of a handkerchief and clean the lens.
3. Shoot in HDR whenever possible. This is a new feature in camera phones and stands for High Dynamic Range. It allows you to click images which are sharp and colourful. You can use this feature for shooting landscapes, which is perfect for clicking pictures of your kids while they are playing in a park for example. This will allow you to not only en-corporate the surrounding activities in the frame, but the picture will also be better than a normally-shot one.
4. Remember to follow all the basics of photography even if you are using a camera phone. For example, keeping the camera steady and ensuring there is enough light to take grain-free pictures.
5. There is no picture in this world which cannot be saved. Editing options will always come to your rescue to polish any picture which might have some deficiencies. Dark pictures can be brightened up while normal photos can be given effects like sepia or black-and-white through editing apps in your phone. So the key is to stop worrying about editing and shooting photos at ease.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”