Google Drive is a cloud storage service operated by Google Inc. It allows you to store photos, videos and files from your computer and mobile devices to access them from anywhere. There are 2 types of files you can store on Google Drive i.e. 'Files you can edit' and 'Files you can not edit'. Files you can not edit like music, videos, .zip files and much more. Once you upload a file to Google Drive, it doesn't matter what type of file you have uploaded. You will be able to access, manage, share and organize it from anywhere. If you are uploading a file to edit online, then you need to convert it to a Google Drive format.
Following are the steps to Move Videos from Picasa Web to Google Drive:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- You will see all your photo and video albums.
- Select the video which you want to download.
- You will see video in bigger size.
- Click "More" button located at top of the window.
- Select "Download video" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the video from the Picasa web.
- Your video will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your video album. This is the folder where your videos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. click "Upload" button located next to the create button to upload videos.
- Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select videos that you want to upload.
- Once your videos are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
- This is how you can move videos from Picasa to Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.