If you want to migrate photos from Google Photos to iCloud Drive on Mac, then make sure that you have sufficient storage space in iCloud Drive. If not, you can get an additional space. If you migrate your photos to iCloud Drive, you can access them from your iOS device, Windows PC and Mac. Just you need to turn ON "iCloud Drive" on all your devices.
Here are the steps to Migrate Photos and Videos from Google Photos to iCloud Drive on Mac:
- Go to https://photos.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- You will see all your photos and videos.
- If you want to migrate photo, then place your cursor over a photo and click the check mark. Select the photos which you want to share. Click "Download" icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
- If you want to migrate videos, then place your cursor over a video and click the check mark. Click "More" tab located at the top of the window.
- Select "Download" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos from the Google Photos.
- All your photos and videos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Open "Finder Window" on your Mac.
- Click "iCloud Drive" located left side under the "Favorites" section.
- You can create a folder on your iCloud Drive to save migrated photos.
- Open another "Finder Window" on your Mac.
- Browse your photos that you have downloaded to Mac.
- Copy the photos or folder and paste them into iCloud Drive's Folder.