Dropbox Camera Upload feature enables you to automatically add photos and videos that you take with your phone, digital camera, or the ones that you store on your SD card, or any other media device whenever you connect it to your computer. The Dropbox 'camera upload' feature entirely depends on Windows 'AutoPlay' setting to function correctly. To locate AutoPlay settings on your Windows PC, do the following:
- Open your computer's 'Control Panel'.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click AutoPlay.
Once you have verified that the 'AutoPlay' setting is configured correctly, please check if you have the latest version of DropBox application installed on your Desktop. If not, then please update it to the latest version and you're then ready to use the camera uploads.
To enable Dropbox Camera Uploads:
- Click the Dropbox icon located in your system tray.
- Click the gear icon and select 'Preferences'.
- Click 'Change AutoPlay Settings' from the 'Camera Upload' section.
- 'AutoPlay' settings will appear in a new window.
- To enable camera uploads, click the menu next to the media devices and select Import pictures and video using Dropbox
- To disable camera uploads, click the menu next to the camera, phone, or other media device and select Take no action