You can now backup photos in Google Drive by turning on the 'Auto Backup' setting. You can back up pictures and video clips to Google Drive to ensure that no data is lost when you update your phone's software or if you lose your phone. To backup photos in Google Drive, automatically, follow the instructions given below.
You can back up items like:
- Photos you take with your device's camera.
- Photos you save on your computer.
Backup photos & videos from your computer - You can back up photos on your computer using:
A. Google Drive for your Mac/PC
- Install Google Drive on your Mac or PC
- Automatically sync Google Drive files on your computer with your Google Drive files on the web using "Google Drive for your Mac/PC." You can do things like:
- Drag files in and out of folders
- Edit, save and remove files
Any changes you make locally in your Google Drive folder will sync to your "My Drive" on the web. That means if you share, move, edit, or move files to trash, your changes will also show in My Drive the next time your computer syncs.
B. Google Photos Backup
Backup photos and videos from your Windows or Mac computer and anytime you connect a phone, camera, or storage card.
Set it up
- Download the desktop uploader.
- After you install it, you can set it to automatically backup photos and videos from a phone, camera, or storage card that's connected to your computer.