OneDrive or SkyDrive is a cloud storage service provided by Microsoft Corp. OneDrive is the best place to backup photos & videos. Backing up photos & videos on OneDrive allows you to access them from any smartphone, computer or tablet. OneDrive allows you to manage access control of your photos & videos. You can set permission to "View only" or "View & edit". If you set a permission to "view-only', then they won't be able to sync files or folders. They can just view the shared photo and/or video files & folders.
Following are the steps to Backup Photo Folder from OneDrive to Dropbox on Android:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- If you have "Dropbox app" installed on your Android phone, launch it. Or else download it from the Google Play store.
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download "OneDrive App" on your Android phone from the Play store & launch it.
- Open OneDrive App on your Android phone.
- You will see all your photo & video folders.
- Tap or long press your photo folder which you want to backed up.
- Tap "Share link" icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see 2 options i.e "View only" & "View & edit".
- Select any one of the above 2 options & tap "Ok" button.
- You will see list of applications. Select "Dropbox" option.
- Choose a location & tap "Add" button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the new file name & tap "Ok" button.
- Your photo folder will now be backed up to Dropbox.
Note: You will get a .txt file in to Dropbox account. When you open the file, you will see a link. Copy the link & open it in your web browser. You will see your photo folder from OneDrive account.
You can install PicBackMan's SkyDrive uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.